Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Jeans

In college, I was famous thoughout my dorm for having an unrivaled collection of denim that turned into something of a library for my friends... and their friends.  The only time I actually counted, I had 34 pairs crammed into my tiny closet.   Kardashian-worthy, no, but impressive enough to garner some celebrity among the undergraduates.

In my archives I still have my first pair of Sevens, the New York bootcut, obvi, as well as my first foray into the world of premium denim, Earls (aka my first pair of jeans not from Gap Kids)   Hailing from 45 minutes outside of NYC, yes, on the New Jersey side, I was also on the cutting edge of the jeggings revolution, enduring some harsh stares and Lindsey Lohan-themed jokes until the rest of the collegiate world jumped on the bandwagon. 

Now that my calendar is woefully absent of occasions where denim is an appropriate choice, and my rotation has shrunk to about 12 favorite pairs, I must admit that I often bypass the racks of jeans when shopping.  That's where West Coast comes in.  During a whirlwind trip to the East this past weekend, my bestie gave me an early birthday gift, laboriously wrapped in a TJMAXX bag, of the most perfectly fitting jeans - leggings- that I've ever owned.  Rock and Republic's Five Pocket Leggings in Black.  That she scored for $30.  At TJMAXX. 



There's a reason we are friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment